Experienced, Analytical, Problem Solver
Executive Level Leadership
A seasoned executive level leader with proven ability to define and implement strategic plans to achieve short and long term organizational growth and development.
- Stronger Brand, Organizational Growth. Increased the web traffic over 1000% for a manufacturer. Redefined brand, identity and marketing message. Directed strategies for customer service, retention, repeat sales, utilizing tools and accumulated corporate data. Architected the online application that executed these strategies and delivered corporate message. Results exceeded client's goals and expectations by polishing their image, boosting sales, opening new markets and servicing existing channels. This enhanced their industry leadership status and positioned them for long-term growth.
- Large Organizational Growth. Designed strategies and created tools that refocused a factory-direct consumer product web site which enabled their business to grow 1250% over a 3-year period. As a startup, the business was delivering meager online sales. Implemented and managed a design change and content overhaul. Established a SEO and PPC marketing plan, resulting in a rapid roi delivering over $2000/day in online sales. Building upon designed strategies, in 3 years, sales exceeded over $750,000/month.
- Branding Strategy and Immediate Results. Sharpened the brand of a consumer product company, architected and developed a vehicle to increase sales grown in online sales. Client experienced 100% growth in visitors 30 days after launch, validating my strategies and research.
- Rapid ROI. Consulted as product manager assisting a client finish their permission marketing software product. This project was stalled, was going to exceed development budget and had fallen behind launch date promised to their clients. Re-tracked project, maintained tight budget and achieved launch on projected date. This enabled the client to achieve goals resulting in revenues and cash flow in one month after launch. Achieving early mover market position and accelerated growth; this client was able to book $2MM in revenues in the first year operations and sell the company within 18 months of incorporation resulting in a 500% return for shareholders.
- Improved Cash Flow, Reduced Costs. Architected an online ordering system for a fulfillment company. Created business efficiency by reducing costs and streamlining operations. This reduced client phone calls via 800 number and fax in orders that were susceptible to costly order errors. Provided online reports for clients and reduced administrative hours required to service customers. Designed electronic billing format and this process reduced administrative time by 75%. In addition, this process achieved an improvement in cash flow as billing to invoice payment has also been reduced by another 30-45 days or more.
- Opened New Market. Established an online marketplace for the golf industry. Individuals and companies can buy, sell and auction new and used golf equipment. Established relationships to sell new golf equipment and have merchandise drop-shipped to the customer.
- Rapid Exponential Growth. Consulted with a medical company, instructing them in the branding of their business, the optimization (SEO) of their website and the strategy of PPC campaigns. As a startup business, they quickly grew to a 100 surgeries per month within 18 months and continually increased their advertising budget.
- Legacy Business, Efficiencies. Enabled an insurance funding agency to provide data from a legacy back office accounting program to their clients via a web based user interface. Reducing administrative overhead and costs of customer service.
- Startup Plans. Crafted an online image and strategy for a non-governmental organization (NGO), non-profit company; that assists them in delivering their marketing message and raising capital.
Skills & Competencies
- Growth oriented strategist, develops strategic goals then defines and executes short term methods and programs that support long term strategy;
- Innate ability to assess complex problems, crafting a high caliber team and driving the best plan to accomplish goals;
- Unique blend of high technology, marketing and operational skills to lead organizational growth;
- Capitalizes on the improved use and implementation of technology solutions that support business strategy;
- Creates efficiencies in ordering, fulfillment, invoicing, CRM, and sales through technology utilization;
- Expertise in software development, packaging, customer service and product life cycle;
- Entrepreneurial talent in organizational design, startups, growth companies and turnarounds bringing rapid ROI to a project or company;
- Strength in communication skills between managers/users and technical/development/support staff;
InterNet Partners, Inc. - Dallas, Texas, 1995-Present [Website]
President, Strategic Business Growth and Marketing Consulting
Develops strategies to help businesses grow: connecting to new markets, retaining and re-engaging customers, driving repeat sales.
Revenue Generators, Inc. - Dallas, Texas.
Principal: Online Marketing, Growth Strategist.
Chief architect of all technologies, brand strategies and online marketing efforts. Managed P&L and all financial aspects of the business.
Successful Products and Platforms
- Business Opportunity Identification, Branding & Market Penetration. CampusRent.com - The flagship site and the top search site for off campus housing for college and university students. Serves over 1800 schools in the U.S. and provides leads for apartment management, locators and other industry related businesses. Created online marketing strategy that delivers over 500,000 students to the CampusRent website annually. The portfolio included an additional 9 college related sites.
- Rapid Development & Successful Niche Marketing Operated over 50 commercial, residential real estate and financial services web properties.
- New Age Solutions & Business Efficiency. Sales Lead Management - Architected a complex lead management program enabling the timely push of leads to appropriate parties based on various criteria.
eye media, Inc (President & Co-Founder) - Dallas, Texas, 1998-2001. Software Developer.
A dotcom business flier. eye media developed an e-commerce platform and toolset that assisted developers and clients in creating auctions, trading floors and shopping carts.
- Provided the expertise in the conceptualization, planning and implementation of this robust product. Released 3 full versions of the product and numerous point releases. Multiple platforms were supported including; Windows NT, 2000, Linux and Unix with MSSQL or Oracle databases. This was an object oriented source code license application that addressed many segments of e-commerce facilities needed for successful companies: transaction engine (business logic / models), content management, customer relationship management (CRM), wireless (WAP), accounting and legacy integration.
- Commonly known in early releases as VirtualAuctioneer, sold licensees in various industries with agreements valued at $750,000 were generated during a 12-month peak operating period in North America and Europe.
- Managed all day-to-day operations including sales management, product development and software development teams. Initiated strategies and coordinated marketing plans, trade shows, press releases and investor presentations.
LCC - Dallas, Texas, 1986-1996.
Owner, Independent Software Vendor / Developer (ISV), Consulting and VAR.
Directed clients in achieving efficiencies and productivity through technology utilization. Created an ISV (Independent Software Vendor) and VAR (Value Added Reseller) to serve various business markets.
Consulting Division - The resale and installation of computers, networks and software, plus programming and services to many types of industries including retail, healthcare, legal, insurance, manufacturing.
Software Division - Software developer of 7 different software packages written in a 4GL and Relational Database engine. Supporting MS-DOS, Windows, Novell and Unix platforms; products included:
- Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Accounts Payable, Check Writer, General Ledger;
- THE Therapist; a billing and practice management system for physical therapy and rehabilitation clinics. Sold over 200 licenses nationwide and went through 7 full version releases as well as numerous point releases.
Conceptualized and capitalized this business. Managed all aspects of this business and sold it in 1996.
First Two Businesses (Co-Founder & COO), Dallas, Texas, 1985-1986.
- Value Added Reseller (VAR) selling Point of Sale (POS) software and hardware solutions. Responsible for day-to-day operations, including all financial aspects of the company. Sold interest in business in 1986.
- Peripherals supplies wholesale distributor. Responsible for day to day operations, including all financial aspects of the company. Sold interest in this business in 1986.
Worked for two different Fortune 500 companies in sales and sales-management positions following graduation from college.
University of Oklahoma, B.B.A. Major: Management and Marketing